changing australia day - vs anzac day, page-110

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I am Australian with parents of European descent. I recognise that those termed anglo saxon descent also evolved a society in the UK that created systems of governance the models of which are to be envied. Hard nosed authoritarian aristocracies were brought to heel and a system of democracy evolved that was copied by Australia after Federation.

The UK played a huge part during the industrial revolution and many idealistic people along the way fought for a fairer deal for all, particularly the struggling masses. Unionism thankfully became a big deal in the UK and resulted in an astronomical improvement in working conditions. This also spread to Australia.

What I find strange on this forum is that it appears that some(not you Nicky) of those that play the white Anglo card are the same posters that criticise the influence of the English in having brought about social justice and democracy. In other words they criticise the extremely important civilised attributes of the United Kingdom.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.