changing australia day - vs anzac day, page-132

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Disco Stu,

That reply just goes to show you are clearly living in denial or have a very selective memory. I lived in both the shire and the Eastern subs of Sydney. I have MANY friends in the area, not just 22 yo yobbos or ferals as you see it. Mostly multigenerational families.

If you don't know something about a topic, then don't comment on it. If you don't know the anger that was building in the shire due to the police's inaction and the constant abuse and assaults of young Anglo women, then please do not comment any further as you are clearly not up to speed with the history of the riots.

You comment shows a lack of knowledge or ignorance about how racism can bear its ugly head. And the Cronulla riots were a result of the Police who believed their hands were tied because of having to be cultural/racial sensitive of middle eastern people = let them get away with more than the average person.

Do some research mate before you go off half cocked accusing people of racism. And my post was merely about how inch by inch this can build up into an ugly situation. I have several friend who were in the police force during that period and they were p...d off with those above for a lack of support and for them allowing it to escalate into the ugliness we witnessed.

Again, don't comment on something you clearly know little about. People, especially women, were fed up with how they were being treated. And this extended right through to parents and grandparents in the area. NOT just the ferals we saw who escalated the riots. And yes, they were ugly and an embarrassment to our country, but it goes to show what happens when there is a go soft on one group and the majority push back.

Go and learn a little before you pass judgement on others. And go and speak to the many Anglo women who were harassed and too scared to go to the beach alone.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.