Changing my mind!, page-2

1. 27,086 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Quite a few things over the last dozen years.
    Examples:
    Evolution:
    When I first came onto this forum, I was challenged to provide evidence that supports the Theory of Evolution. I first thought it would be an academic exercise - the research that I did as a result of the challenges lead me to be convinced that the theory is valid, though I don't discount the possibility that it could be refuted, but should this happen I would see this as a breakthrough in our understanding rather than a setback as has happened with other scientific theories. For me, this was a new outlook.
    Catholicism
    I saw Catholicism as one of many denominations. Through the information provided on this forum and research that I have also done as a result of checking this information, I now see Christianity as being formed by Catholicism from doctrine to scripture itself. I don't agree with all that the Catholics stand for, but that's another story for me.
    The future of religion.
    I believe that on balance we would be better off without religion, but realise that this is unlikely to happen in my lifetime - I believe some posters on this topic. And so it's onto plan B. Encourage all who advocate and work for the betterment of humankind irrespective of their religious beliefs. Of course, some religious beliefs can't lead to the betterment of humankind and these are self-disqualifying which will probably keep the debate going from my side.

I'm sure there are more, but that is it for now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.