I went to woolworths for the first time in a month to see if...

1. 10,624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2097
    I went to woolworths for the first time in a month to see if they had got cheaper than coles and I ended walking out in disgust after buying just a few specials.
    I don't look for any particular brand product or type of apple so what I have found is woolworths are 10 cents to 50 cents dearer on nearly all the items I will need to buy,or over a entire shop at least 10% dearer.
    Here is a example
    Coles brand bread is 50 cents cheaper every day compared to woolworths and most of there deli meats are cheaper,this week coles have a eve apple for $3.00 a kilio and the cheapest apples I could see in woolworths was $6.99 a kilo and there bananas were $4.40 a kilo compared to $4.00 a kilo at coles.
    In northam where I live it is quite common for fruit and veg to be on average much dearer at woolworths unless there is a good special.
    Also at coles you can buy discontinued or clearance products for up to 75% off the original price,where at woolworths it would be a smaller discount.
    When I lived in Clarkson woolworths and coles were about the same price,so I shopped at both each time for the specials and products the other did not have.
    The price gap between the two is and is getting larger so I have been forced to shop at coles only unless they start to rise there prices to meet woolworths,then I will travel up to 100 kilometres and shop once a month.
    The huge price difference seemed to happen after the large petrol discounts stoped and before that I did most of my shopping at woolworths.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.