RMS 1.59% $1.92 ramelius resources limited

changing times ?

1. 1,395 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1035
    There is a "macro" aspect of the BPT sale of Ramelius shares , which I think some on the HC forum may have overlooked .

Messrs Kennedy and Nelson are no spring chickens , and with the departure of Joe Houldsworth in May this year , leaving the RMS board down to four ( by deliberate Board consensus), and with Mt Magnet now becoming a major new long term Project , I suspect there is a "sea change " in the making at RMS ....and the Board has the forsight to see that new Directors will be required to oversee the major change of the next few years .
    Just part of proper Corporate Governance ...no more, no less!
    If you refer to the BPT Annoucements , in May this year , Ms Belinda Robinson was appointed as a Non Executive Director .Ms Robinson has the credentials to ( prospectively) take over from Reg Nelson as MD at Beach ....in Beachs' capacity as a key player in the Petroleum Industry , not the gold mining industry .

Conversely , Sprott Management has a 17 % plus holding ( before Beach sold out ) in RMS , and can legitimately call for a representative seat on the Board . Who would argue , or have cause for argument !
    Kennedy/Nelson/ Houldsworth have done a wonderful job for Ramelius , with the counter bid for Dioro and the acquisition of Mt Magnet their "masterstrokes" , using their achievements with the Wattledam development and cash flow to take the company to the next step .

I expect they "know" that they now must pass the batton ..sooner rather than later .

The incoming shareholder replacing Beach , I suspect will have been "elected" by BPT/RMS ,rather than be just an opportunistic purchaser arranged by a hungry Broker .

And its likely to be part of a bigger plan . RMS , with its Wattledam cash flow and assets , has to be wary of its current position ...it can now be a Predator or it can be the Prey !
    JIMHO -..I believe RMS is taking steps to make changes at the Company , to ensure that if it does get taken over , the buyer will pay the appropriate premium , or if it uses its Wattledam cash flow to make another acquistion , it does so with a revitalised Board .
    Hope this makes sense to a few other LONG TERM RMS holders --whose opinions don't follow the "run with the foxes and hunt with the hounds " syndrome !!!
    cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.92
Change
0.030(1.59%)
Mkt cap ! $2.194B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.94 $1.95 $1.92 $7.450M 3.862M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 72964 $1.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.93 42195 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.