channel 9 nrl coverage, page-8

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Spider cam was just annoying.

I agree on Pearce. I am a queenslander and i hope he gets picked for NSW this year. Two years ago, he was the half when the Roosters had the worst attacking record in the comp. Last year wasn't that much better. He is half a yard too slow, lacks a great kicking game and lacks vision. That first try last night by the roosters was a great example where he threw an accidental cut out ball to find a player in a gap. It was intended for that player.

Obdurate, don't start getting into the rugby and league and the whole international argument. It's like saying AFL is not international. But at the end of the day, the game thrives in Australia and that is what matters to Australians. No different to league in QLD & NSW. Rugby in Australia runs a poor 3rd to AFL & NRL and soccer is quickly gathering it up. The NFL is basically only played in one country and I am sure the Americans will argue with you that it is a decent sport.

And if you want to start comparing superstars & quality of games, look at a bloke like Duncan Mcrae & luke Branigan. Branigan couldn't crack first grade in the NRL at a team like Souths who were battlers because he just wasn't up to it. He then changes to union and gets picked for the Wallabies.

I do agree with you for the reasons why SBW wanted to come back. The problem with him (in union)is that he would be wasted in the forwards in union and is probably not quite quick/illusive enough to be a champion back. On the other hand, he is built perfectly for a backrower in league. Considering SBW was a forward in league, I'd say it was a decent effort to play for the All blacks in the centres. The games are so different in parts and are difficult to compare. John Eales, was a champion for the Wallabies, but would have gotten smashed in league. Sean Mckay (Great bloke, may he rest in peace) was not even close to playing first grade in league but played for the Warratahs and captained Australia in the sevens. It is a different game in certain positions, especially the forwards.

I shake my head at the builds of rugby forwards because they are not athletic and fit like league players. Rugby supporters would think otherwise. It's an age old argument which neither side will give ground to.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.