Chaos in Melbourne, page-73

1. 17,991 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1006

Jim910,

Better education is not what most are getting. The right education would be one that educates towards meaningful and useful employment. It may be producing "tech savvy" that us old farts have trouble with. Makes them good at computer games that is useful when spending those unemployed hours. Teaches them life without communication skills and without a work ethic. Gives them expectations beyond their capabilities as well. Teaches them not to respect their elders or parents and to treat their parents as useless old farts.

Here is a tale to prove what I say. A grandson with a private school education and a degree was always "too tired" to help out around the house. On one visit he wanted to go out on the boat, wanted to be in control. OK. The first thing was to take off before the stern line was released. Result, broken rope. During the morning out I offered to show him how I had spliced the rope ready for our return. He wasn't interested so I asked him why he didn't want to learn and how he would get on if he broke another. Get a new one or go and get me to fix the broken one for him was the reply.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.