ASX 1.71% $63.40 asx limited

chapmans latest : the international forecaster, page-11

1. 1,446 Posts.
    I will most likey get a towelling from most posters in this disdcussion , but from previs experience trading physical bullion , I have learnt a few things along the way.Naked shorting of gold and silver happens all the time,and to bank on a run on pm's could cause more pain than good, even with the excellent gains of late.When gold was at it's previous highs in '05, [at about b$720 us], everyone was saying the same, naked shorts, take physical possesion ect, ect.Gold then fell to mid 500's, and took over a year to recover.I won't say that 'I have seen it all before', as I haven't,but it HAS been said time after time.Gold will normally run with inflationary pressures, and sometimes tracks the Price of Oil, and can crash hard very quickly.Having physical can cause you to be caught in the downdraft , and trading out may take a good while, so be prepared to lose , and you will be ok.Take note that the spreads on buy/sell of physical can hurt to!
    The good thing about gold at present is the horrendous state of the US economy, but bond and god traders knew about sub prime in 05/06 , so it is nothing new, and the only factor setting the pog is the US cash rate, ans possibly inflated oil prices at present...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$63.40
Change
-1.100(1.71%)
Mkt cap ! $12.36B
Open High Low Value Volume
$64.71 $64.80 $63.32 $7.178M 112.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 106 $63.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$63.41 177 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.54pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.