GEM 1.77% $1.39 g8 education limited

Your first assertion of $1.95 per hour is incorrect. The maximum...

1. 128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Your first assertion of $1.95 per hour is incorrect. The maximum CCS you can receive on a 12 hour session is 120.054 or $10.0045 per hour (12 hours X 11.77 x 85%). Which equates to $2.97 per hour gap paid by the parent.

Hence your numbers are incorrect for your first and second example see below

Under 12 hour session Under 10 hour sessions
    (1) 5 days p/w $278.275 per week $278.275 per week
    (2) 3 days p/w $106.938 per week $166.965 per week
    (3) 2 Days P/w $131.319 per week $131.319 per week

Formula I used = [(days x Fee) - (Activity hours x CCS rate $11.77 x CCS percentage 85%)]

I have absolutely no idea how you got your second numbers as they are absolutely wrong.

They stay exactly the same except for the second example.

In your example because the average hourly fee is higher then the maximum amount of CCS you can receive in a 12 hour session. It is actually not beneficial for the family to have 10 hour session for your second example as they will only be claiming 30 hours when they are eligible for 36 hours

(3 Days * 155.7) - (30*11.77*.85) = 166.965

So they are still better off under 12 hours. So it would be silly to implement a 10 hour session at this particular centre.

For fees that come under the maximum CCS rate per hour your calculations would be correct and you would want to spread out the hours across session to maximise CCS applied.

This is why I take issue with your grand assertions as you clearly do not have a complete understanding of how the new package works.

The industry will definitely have to move to a more tailored approach to how they apply their fee hours because they are being forced into doing so by the new package. However this will only make it more complex on the operators sides and many families will fall through the cracks per your example, if it is not tailored to the family enrollment/eligibility.

I couldn't care less about the government having access to actual hours attended. You'd also hope the families know when they are dropping their kids off for care. Many operators already provide this information to the family through software they use for recording their rolls.

I only pick on your post as it very much seems like you are pushing a biased agenda and I feel I have a good enough understanding of this topic to rebut your incorrect assertions.

If you think my calculations are wrong please let me know and provide exactly how you calculated the fees and CCS.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GEM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.