Hi.I have a story to share with you guys something that happened...

1. 960 Posts.
    Hi.
    I have a story to share with you guys something that happened today.
    A coiple of weeks ago a rang the "BROTHERHOOD " and asked the if they were interested in picking up a glass and white wrought iron kitchen table and six chairs that that we paid $3700.00 about 12 years ago and still in VERY good condition.
    We just completed renovation and the wife desided to buy a new table and chairs.
    We thought perhaps some less fortunate people could use it or they can put it in the store and sell it using the proceeds to help someone.

Two indian gentlemen arrived this morning, I showed the table and chairs sitting on my patio for two weeks waiting for them, and for the next 15 minutes they sat looking at the table talking to themselves in Indian with out making an attemt to start removing the items. One of them kept checking to see hoe heavy it was. ( I have a bad back and I took it out by myself and the wife)

I asked them if their was a problem, and I was told they were not sure if it was worth taking it because the didnt thing they would get enough (not sure what enough was) for it.and they would have to pay to get rid of it!

I said, I am giving it to a charity, and not to them to make a profit and give a few crumbs to the charity and if I didn't thing that someone would get good use of the table and chairs, I would not have rung them.

I also told them to leave right away and I was withdrawing the offer, at which point one of them told me I should have some more respect for them!!!

I am afraid I am losing faith in "charities"

A while back i was giving money to a couple of charities and they sold the list with my name on it, and I started getting 2-3 phone calls a night till 8.00pm from charities that I hadn't heard from before.
    I gave 5 buck to a couple of young people collecting for the Paralimbics (?) and I was told ( without asking if I could afford it or not) it would have to be $10.00 or they could not take it!!!
    And today this?
    That's it for me!!!! ( I will send money to the kids without anyone knowing where they came from)

The reason I am posting this is that charities keep crying for donations and when you make one, they send " private enterprise" over.
    Anyway....
    Merry Christmas to all!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.