charities?, page-22

1. 6,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Towards the end of last year and were moving house, so we thought rather than messing around and have a garage sale we rang up one of the major charities to come and collect the items. Two guys rocked up and after several minutes conversation they took a few items and didn't want the rest. I asked them "What about the antique roll top desk which was made out of English Oak." They were not interested because it had a couple of very small minor scuff marks at the side which could have easily been touched up. Nope they were not interested.

Funnily enough, I put the whole lot on the nature strip with a sign "Free to good home". The whole lot vanished the next day. I think one of my neighbours grabbed them.

When we moved to the new home, we got rid of a large pedastal table by putting it out the front. Some guy walking his dog asked if he could have it.

Motto of the lesson.

Stuff the local by-laws.
    Put it out on your nature strip.

There is always someone who will take it.

I sponsor a couple of kids from different small charities where I know all the money is going towards giving them a better life. The rest can go fly a kite.

Cheers markco2

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.