Another problem with medical tests for depression is that the...

1. 3gb
    963 Posts.
    Another problem with medical tests for depression is that the chemical imbalance is in most cases inside the nerve synapse. I have heard of testing spinal fluid and blending rats brain then analysing the goo but generally it is differcult testing for chemical imbalance in the nervous system. Blood tests do have a use in diagnosing depression by ruling out physical causes like a crook thyroid or vitamin and mineral deficiecy.

I dont know anything about the online abuse Charlotte experienced. I would question how significant it was to her depression and suicide. Its a chicken or egg question, which came first. Did the criticism make her depressed or was the abuse intolerable because of the depression? Probably both. I think we can go to far in limiting negativity, a bit like political correctness. I think in some cases criticism is beneficial and is a natural human response. I gather what she experienced was over the top rudeness and I suspect the perpetrators are unwell themselves (perhaps we should sympathise with their situation).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.