AMP 0.47% $1.05 amp limited

Alpha, I must correct you on a couple of statements you made re...

1. 1,816 Posts.
    Alpha, I must correct you on a couple of statements you made re my forecasts, etc…

You stated:

“You have an emotional attachment to being a bear.”

Incorrect. I would much rather prefer being a bull, however, my evaluation of the fundamental factors facing the equity markets over the next few years leaves me with no choice but to be a bear… and so far my analysis has been proven correct.

In summary I like to consider myself as neither a permanent bear nor a bull, but rather a realist. I will be a bull at some time in the future when the fundamental factors allow me to be so…

You also stated:

”As an example I don't remember you ringing a bell to tell HC that the fun was over in ORI or the gold stocks just as that point was occurring or in advance but my apologies if you did. Can you tell me when CRS will resume going up? Or LHG. Sure the trend is still up in gold but what would need to occur to tell you it had broken ? (were it to.)”

I told the forum about my exit from ORI at slightly above $8.00 on the way up.

I posted re CRS just after they reported their most recent earnings. CRS was trading around 85c at the time (near their highs) and my comments were that they no longer represented great value.

I have never advocated the purchase of LHG. IMHO, there are much better gold plays than LHG.

Re telling people to exit gold stocks, and being able to tell when the gold trend has ended…. I have not told people to exit gold stocks, because I advocate holding gold as a long term hedge against the underperformance of other asset classes. I don’t see any reason to believe that gold’s run has ended.

Regards

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.05
Change
-0.005(0.47%)
Mkt cap ! $2.799B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.05 $1.06 $1.05 $6.743M 6.418M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 60472 $1.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.05 34406 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.