LVT 0.00% 0.6¢ livetiles limited

Have you met a lot of software engineers. They are not all...

1. 863 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 322
    Have you met a lot of software engineers. They are not all brilliant. Most of them know a reasonable amount about a little.
    Thats why there is a lot of them at CBA (if you say so). There will be a lot of learners and very few are top quality.
    I know some top quality people - they are far and few between.
    I know a guy who was contracted to one of the big 4 for a number of years in charge of a large area of their software development systems enabling large clients to transfer files automatically. He wrote software & supervised it from his office in his shed in the backyard in Bellerive Tasmania. They couldn't find competent people so he engaged his mate on contract who also worked in the garage. The indians in India weren't working out so they bought a lot of them over to Australia, put them up in crowded flats in Sydney Central and got them to work every day in Sydney office. Still didnt work out.
    I remember CBA (one of the 4) wrote off about $480 million which had been spent on software.... They are not all brilliant because they work at the CBA or anywhere else. If you had any experience mixing with people classified as "engineers" you should know the common denominator is not very high.

Also dont compare the CBA with the average business. They are nothing like each other.
    I'm right about this subject and you are wrong.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LVT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.