PBL 2.50% 3.9¢ parabellum resources limited

re: best kerry moments Knew a bloke who worked for Channel 9...

1. 3,274 Posts.
    re: best kerry moments Knew a bloke who worked for Channel 9 back in the 'glory days'.

Story he told me was when Kerry bought channel 9 back from Bond, and Packer walked into the board room for his first board meeting back and sacked most of the board on the spot (apparently using a lot of expletives in the process). He then went to the bar fridge in the room to get a drink, and was flabbergasted to find some truly expensive alcohol in there. The most expensive champagne and wine possible.

Furious, he then called up security and informed them that it was Kerry Packer, and they were to go around to every cupboard and refridgerator in the place, and get all the alcohol they could find. He told them they were to smash the bottles in the main carpark at channel 9.

In the days of excess at channel 9 under Bond, there were many, many bottles of expensive booze in the place. By the time security had finished they had destroyed hundreds of thousands worth of booze, with the contents seeping their way into the gutters.

The bloke who I knew said it was Kerry's way of saying: "I'm Kerry Packer, and I'm back in charge."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PBL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.9¢
Change
-0.001(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $2.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.8¢ 3.9¢ 3.8¢ $4.867K 126.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 73315 3.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 40730 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.15pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PBL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.