BRN 1.11% 22.3¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Chart has potential, page-423

1. 3,620 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Hows this summary, you are saying they took funds from the general public

I am certainly not suggesting that the company acted in a way that was not compliant with ASX rules and regulations.

and didn't say have we have already built the board and tested the technology?

I said that they didn’t include in the BRN story the fact that there was an earlier version of the FPGA that proved the patent design (essential concept) worked in hardware. It was not part of the story that helped to create the market in which shares were bought and sold at 20, 30 and 40c plus. Why wasn't it? The marketing emphasis was on the ‘hardware-only’ goal not ‘scalability’ giving the impression, imo, that there was something revolutionary about Peter's patent running on hardware – a NEVER DONE BEFORE GROUND-BREAKING TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGH kind of feel. Much sexier than scalability, which is the real and very risky make or break story of BRN, imo.

There are 2 investors. Mums and Dads (general public) and Sophisticated Investors. AZK/BRN has only raised cash from sophisticated investors. Not the general public.

I didn’t say and was not suggesting the company ‘raised cash’ from mum and dad investors.

If you read page 22, paragraph 5 of the prospectus you will see "testing to date showing significantly higher performance and lower power consumption as opposed to software solutions that are available to the industry today".

‘As opposed to SOFTWARE solutions’ - correct and nothing new here. PVDM alludes to the same in his 2012 comments when he says ‘The overhead in programming and peripheral circuitry made me think that there must be a better way. Instead of programming a processor to behave like a digital neuron I came up with the solution to build a digital neuron and synapses from logic gates’ and ‘I don’t believe that computers are the way forward. Their technology is based on fetching instructions and executing them’ ...

In my view, ‘testing to date’ refers to Peter’s ongoing work with improving his neuron design in hardware. You have to realise that technology evolves; it doesn’t just pop into existence. Under the hoods of both the model T-Ford of yesteryear and the V8 Ford of today is a combustion engine that essentially is doing the same thing today as it was doing over a hundred years ago, only much much better.

Risks in investing in BRN are listed on pages 11, 12,13 and 14 of the prospectus.

I think detailing the risk in a Prospectus is mandatory and legally prudent.

So he has a video on youtube, pictures of him showing the board, he had the board at investor presentations and they say in the prospectus TESTING TO DATE.

Can’t find the vid; seen the pics; didn’t attend the preso; see above.

I think I get your point and you are wrong in assuming they have A) taken funds from the public and B) not disclosed that they have already built a board and tested it.

A - No; and B see above - but it's not that they didn't disclose, it's how and how little they disclosed. Fact: hardware-only version of essential patent design existed pre 2012.

The general public have freely invested in AZK/BRN on the open market. BRN hasn't twisted mums and dads arms to give them money. Sophisticated investors bought more shares in the capital raising at 15.7c which was higher than the close at 15c.

There was a great rally to sell into if you were that way inclined.

To me there is less risk investing in a company that has already invented, built and tested the technology compared to a company that is building the first one from scratch. So from that point I don't understand your argument.

I don’t quite understand your sentence. The company is in the process of building and testing the technology that PVDM has developed to this stage ‘from scratch’. This is a start-up with no actual product on the market. An investment in BRN at this stage is very high risk.

Now the technical differences between the board from 2012 to 2015 I have no idea what they what they are. Only Peter or Anil can tell us, (which they wont).

Why not? That’s part of my unease about BRN, the company is just not up-front with SHs. Where’s the M2 demo? What possible reason could they have for not showing their shareholders how the BrainChip car did its 890ms circuit?

Suffice to say he needed to develop it further to get it to market and needed funds to do that.

PVDM has been chasing funds since at least 2010. He didn’t get a measly $4m from any of the Fortune 500 companies that are purportedly now helping with milestones. That’s chump change to them.

I read your posts a few time to understand what you are saying. How did I go? Did I miss anything?

I appreciate you taking the time to read my post in detail. I continue to watch this stock. I’ve said before that I think PVDM may have something very significant to offer, and he seems like a decent bloke.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.3¢
Change
-0.003(1.11%)
Mkt cap ! $412.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 21.8¢ $548.9K 2.483M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 272913 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 696687 42
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.32pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.