INR 3.45% 14.0¢ ioneer ltd

Chart INR, page-305

1. 2,084 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 448

Bearju

I will help you out but we are going to get technical here

If you had said “100% of their PROFITS (not earnings) fromtheir SA gold and PGM mines” I wouldn’t have jumped

Earnings – are what flow from the Operating Statement (P&L) to the Statement of Financial Position (B/sheet)

Can be positive or negative – used by analysts to determine earnings per share etc (you can have negative EPS – INR is a classic example)

Consolidated Financial Statements – the aggregation of all company accounts within a group, including those that make losses. You can’t leave out the loss makers when determining earnings.

So rules 1-4 are

1. Debits are on the left (by the window) & Credits are on the right (by the door)

2. Earnings are not sales or gross profit (lots of people get sales & earnings confused)

3. Earnings include all revenues & outgoings including interest, amortisation, depreciation & tax

4. Earnings flow through to the Balance Sheet & are added (or deducted if in a loss position) from "Equity"

But you know all this already

You said 100% of earnings – you can’t leave out the loss makers (which you have chosen to do) when compiling a consolidated set of financial statements (Rule 5)

As well as agreeing to contribute $US490m for 50% of the RR J/V (INR’s 50% contribution is their 100% of the south basin resource) Sibanye contributed $A95m ($US70m) for 146m shares or (now) 6.95% if the issued capital in INR – a not too shabby investment.

You did say “50pc of everything outside of current mine planfor $50m” – to clarify: INR will tip 100% of the north basin (subject to still undisclosedT & C’s) into the J/V if Sibanye pay INR another $US50m

Pages 7-9 of the presentation dated 16.9.2021 pretty much lays it out, including all the pluses Sibanye bring to the table.

I don’t think Sibanye will pull out, which is what you would like

Having said all that, there is one thing we agree on & that is, SA is stuffed

There are other rules (6-10) but rule 10 ½ (a bit like platform 9 ¾ - an add on but not everyone gets it) is “join a small wine club & do lunch bi-monthly & chill out” – that’s what I intend to do today (it is POETS day) so this will be my last post to you on this - TTFN

Cat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add INR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
-0.005(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $327.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ $480.5K 3.340M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 559456 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 219330 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
INR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.