IMM 1.59% 31.0¢ immutep limited

chart post thu/fri "bloodath", page-11

1. 3,195 Posts.
    boiler not as disappointing as the mountain of empty booze bottles in my yard this arvo lol..

what you're referring to is to be on the right side of the trend / right side of the trade, im with you 100% there re buy + hold approach. That's why I stopped out of much of my holding around 30c... but you can trade within downtrends... and VSA in particular is the perfect tool for that IMO... look at the stopping volume bar doji that touched off 26c (I believe it was?) little while back and those cute little no demand up-bars that followed - easy beer money... the general rule to not bet against the trend rings true for buy and hold but not so if you can and are willing also work within a 1-3 day timeframe. (depends on risk tolerance)

In terms of the two charts I've put up for PRR, I guess what I'm trying to say is recently, in the context of everyone knowing/complaining we're in a downtrend and oversold, I'm saying "here are some signs that suggest to me we may be turning." Break up the doom and gloom. Really its an academic exercise to an extent, to try and spot the turn before it occurs. Hence the action/reaction lines, pitchforks blah blah... If all you use is EMA's / MA's and indicators its a little boring IMO cos they're 5 steps behind the SP action.

And yes dude, I was WRONG on my chart titled "case for pivot low", lol but damn me If it wasn't for the DEND rubbish lol... All good boiler, what I actually might do later if I have time, and if anyone cares to see it, is put a chart on the charting thread arguing the DOWNSIDE case, but doubt that anyone really wants to hear it tho :(

HORUS

I have not the faintest clue what the AAA --> AA+ effect will be, many say its factored in and that in fact there was insider trading occurring before the official ann came out (hence the DOW down 5% the day before the offical ann I believe). Probably just another reason for market shakeout. I mean the US is "bankrupt" etc, rating down etc., but US T-bonds are still the most in demand investment on the planet... hmmmmm... checked the yeilds lately?

In terms of re-entry, for SUPER safe entry wait for the SP to get above the big red ultra high volume downbar, make a low volume downbar into the top of that big bar closing around middle, then a higher low and higher close the third bar - a successful test showing that supply is exhausted. For a not as safe yet potentially more profitabe entry, look for similar test as laid out above into friday's high volume upbar. There's a huge amount of strength in that bar and a little, narrow spread down bar on tiny-low volume into the top of it would confirm that strength. (slightly dodgy tho) However you then have to go through the SP machinations of getting through the ultravolume red bar which may shake out some holders as there's still supply up there and could be volatile swings, but for others provide quick trades (hopefully?). Anyway Horus the above is what I'd do if conservative

If I understand your question right:
    LT = long term, ST = short term

Hope you all have productive working week

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
31.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.59%)
Mkt cap ! $450.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
31.5¢ 31.8¢ 31.0¢ $897.5K 2.872M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 79201 31.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
31.5¢ 138883 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.