PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Chart stuff, page-13

1. 1,064 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1561
    Hi Leverage

In his most recent update, Newing mentioned only China and Florida. But curiously, the pattern of Google searches for 'phoslock' that shows up on Google Trends paints a somewhat different picture.

The screenshot below shows the location of origin of all of the Google searches for the term 'phoslock' over the past 90 days. The large number of searches from Australia is almost entirely down to searches from investors and traders, especially the momentum traders.

Phoslock 90 day google trends 9 June 19

But putting Australia aside, most of the 'phoslock' searches originate in Canada and Europe, particularly Germany. This pattern has held for about six months now.

It is fairly clear that those searches from Germany and Canada reflect interest in the phoslock product. For example, one of the related searches from Germany is 'Soll- Municipality in Austria'.

Initially, I thought this might suggest that the company had been working on a project in this Austrian region, until I stumbled across this item for sale on a German website:

Sollphoslock
    It looks like Google Trends got mixed up, assuming that the 'Soll' in question was the location in Austria. But no, as you can see from the above, it seems to be a phoslock-based product, widely available in Germany, at least based on the number of websites that are selling it.

This would explain why they had such a large circle around Germany in the map shown in the AGM Presentation, back on the 3rd of May.

What this highlights is that Google Trends doesn't lie, even if it sometimes gets confused. If many people from a particular country are searching for phoslock on Google, it is fair to assume that there is something going on in the background.

Someone raised the point about 'Continuous Disclosure' when I mentioned this in an earlier post, but the reality is that companies often aren't entirely up front about all of their operations, due to concerns about competition and other factors, and so it is unreasonable to expect that a listed company is going to spell every out every detail of their operations in their releases on the ASX.

The large number of 'phoslock' searches from Canada in recent months likewise suggests that there is something significant going on in this country, probably in Quebec, the region from which most of the searches originate.

Europe and Canada weren't even mentioned in the latest Newing report, but based on the volume of the 'phoslock' Google searches from these regions, I think it is quite likely that they are working on projects in these regions as well.

My suspicion is that the company has got a least one more bullet in the chamber, and I would guess that they are looking to release another announcement before the end of the month.

Last edited by Inchiquin: 10/06/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.