DEG 4.59% $1.14 de grey mining limited

Hey net just to offer an alternate or slighlty differently...

1. 2,154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 561
    Hey net just to offer an alternate or slighlty differently skewed view for you (definitely not saying this one is correct as you've pointed out even the experts get it wrong and i am far from one of them).

My view is heading slighlty towards we haven't peaked on inflation yet. Origionally everyone was talking it was only transitory and was going to unwind quickly..... I feel with the benefit of hindsight people are starting to realise just how long some of the supply chain issues are taking to unwind. Putins war that he has decided to have and China going for zero cases of covid again and locking people inside their houses are both going to contribute massively to what had not got even close recovered supply chains. Just lock at a shipping map of how many boats are currently sitting off the coast of china going nowhere. Yes they aren't paying for fuel if they aren't moving, but they also are not making any income and are costing companies just to sit there.

They are just some easy to see examples of why this inflation spike isn't done yet. This may be as you say the Inflation peak with the 8.5 being the headline number but at the very best case scenario I think that peak is going to be a plateau rather than a peak. Again my uninformed opinion only.

The second point I want to give you pause for thought on is that this year i think the ASX will beat the S&P..... To date we have done substantially better with our pullback based purely on us being so heavily into commodities over Tech. I do agree with you completely that the ASX heavily takes cues from the S&P but for the last month or so the two have been more detached than I've seen them in as long as i can remember (again i have only been at this game for 18-24month and am very much just learning)

Either of these two things just discussed makes me happy to be holding DEG even if its mostly just going sideways atm.

And please if you think I'm completely off the mark speak up, I'm all about healthy discussion that's how I learn more.

Its been too long since I've sat down for a bintang, might have to get back over to indo and fix that soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.14
Change
0.050(4.59%)
Mkt cap ! $2.732B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.12 $1.15 $1.10 $13.39M 11.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 380096 $1.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.15 204419 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.