DEG 4.76% $1.21 de grey mining limited

Chart - TA, page-3223

1. 314 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 116
    Hi Joe,
    Yes I love a good contrarian. It gives a person something to chew on and then you can adjust your view or maybe strengthen it if you find the argument lacking.
    What is not helpful is name calling and blanket statements.
    His MO seems to be to avoid intellectual debate.
    On the gold value side, imo gold is basically a store of wealth that doesn't really change. However it is illiquid (although apparently 10 U.S states have now allowed gold and silver to be legally used for transactions, no cgt charges.)
    Anyhoo, what we have on our hands is a stagflationary economy. So the currency is inflating and the markets are going sideways. This is typically the best scenario to see gold take off.
    Holding cash eats away your assets and equities do nothing.
    The bond market is popular now because at least people can park their funds there and get 5-6% which almost counters inflation.
    But gold, imo, is about to start a huge bull run because it is the safety play. I got into gold to just attempt to preserve my savings.
    As this recession becomes entrenched and countries move away from the dollar (as is already demonstrated to be happening,) it is a clear safe haven asset.
    The soft landing is a sugar coated pipe dream. In every case in history when central banks have had to tighten in order to wrestle inflation it has resulted in recession.
    My instinct says that the global south countries will strike economically to challenge the U.S petrodollar reserve currency when the iron is hot. And it's heating up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.21
Change
0.055(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $2.899B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.19 $1.21 $1.19 $9.324M 7.770M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 33645 $1.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.21 12149 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.