DEG 4.76% $1.21 de grey mining limited

Chart - TA, page-3240

1. 721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 656
    Gold tanking measured against what?
    usd? Only if you call a few percent a tanking. Not so much in other curriencies and hardly tanking in usd but plenty of other asset classes definately are.. eg housing. a few percent move is considered significant in gold but barely registers in crypto or other spheres.

if you want something that has value that is internationally accepted in any country of the world pretty much throughout history, is virtually indestructable, a tier 1 asset acceptable as collateral by institutions and you have a desire for wealth preservation you could do worse than hold gold

Realestate has a lot of great points as do other asset
    classes but they also can be subject to crashes in value equal or greater than Gold. Housing requires maintenance and may actually give a negative return for long periods if certain economic factors like interest rate etc and the time frame for entry / measurement are not ideal.

if you want to cherry pick your time frame anything can look good or bad but when the Gold price is compared to many other assets classes, it is currently at relative lows when the others are at what look like highs or coming off highs with a dubious outlook for the liquidity necessary to significantly reinflate their bubbles. There are plenty of reasons for gold to finally have some decent gains soon.

I think for the patient ( and boy do you have to be patient!) ,The odds are pretty good for gold bugs to be finally rewarded.

Good on you if you have had success in the realestate market but nothing stays the same forever. I wouldn't want to bet that the housing market keeps appreciating at the rate that it has in recent years. In fact I'd rather bet that it will take a dip at the same time as Interest rates increase pressure on leveraged owners and economic pressures reduce the ability of tenants to pay viable rents to landlords.

When economic mayhem ensues at least some of property and other investors may choose to seek shelter in an asset class that is seen as a safe haven with no counterparty risk amongst other benefits.

it won't take much in the way of asset reallocation to the relatively small gold sector from other sectors to give it some real momentum. The miners and explorers will no doubt come along for the ride with the best of them will being in high demand.

so while realestate investors are moaning about
    their now possibly negative real returns coinciding with capital losses and the increasing expenses to fix their tennants toilet, account for lower rents or void periods as tough economic times drive foriegners and tourists back home, gold bugs could well be laughing .

some version of that is not impossible and becoming more probable by the day. if you want a leveraged play on that gold price rise what better place to park your coin than a safe jurisdiction explorer that will soon be a low cost producer with a mammoth resource with still huge upside potential?.. especially when the Gold sector is so unloved..

On this matter, I have no more to say, other than this last word -

DEGREY

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.21
Change
0.055(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $2.899B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.19 $1.21 $1.19 $9.324M 7.770M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 33645 $1.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.21 12149 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.