DEG 4.76% $1.21 de grey mining limited

Chart - TA, page-3259

1. 851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    It's not surprising that the XGD is tracking negatively in the medium term. It comprises the entire gold sector, including all explorers and wannabees, and It has been fully exposed to all of the supply-side pressures associated with COVID, war, energy and climate change.

No-one invests in the entire (Aussie) gold sector in that way, and as it happens, there is no ETF that applies to XGD.

On the other hand, people are entitled to make a considered investment in a particular developer/producer, and that investment can move quite differently. Sentiment, POG and transitory pressures still have an effect on the price thru time, but if the fundamentals are good, with prudent management, the investment will succeed. DEG has a fantastic piece of ground (although I'm glad I don't have to live there), with what looks to be a huge resource which will likely increase over time. Management looks competent, and they don't seem to overpay themselves.

I'm heavy on the sector already, but will probably dive in when the ducks line up for me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.21
Change
0.055(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $2.899B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.19 $1.21 $1.19 $9.324M 7.770M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 33645 $1.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.21 12149 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.