DEG 1.47% $1.38 de grey mining limited

Fascinating straws in the wind over the last few days .Multiple...

1. 649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 268
    Fascinating straws in the wind over the last few days .Multiple mining ceos are commenting upon the rapid increase in costs associated with mining and the need for consolidation of operations .
    The CEO of Agnico who is one of 4 people nominated for mining CEO of the year (worldwide) gave an interview in the last 48 hours to a major mining journal.
    They bought KL to get Detour lake in Canada which is a big mining operation in Ontario,
    Bought Yamana to get the rest of Malartic ,Canada's biggest mine .
    Only one operation in Australia (Fosterville) which is an outlier and they are likely going to sell along with a mine in Finland,so they can focus on their big Canadian operations and try and keep costs down ,quite obvious they have zero interest in DEG .Those rumors can clearly be flushed down the toilet .
    I wonder if Newcrest might buy Fosterville to avoid Newmonts grasp??? possibly sell their Canadian assets to buy Fosterville and consolidate operations in Australia,and reduce their costs by focusing on Australia.
    Highly likely in my opinion DEG will have to go it alone.Zero chance they will bring in the mine on budget ,on time and able to pay for itself in 18 months .
    Technical analysis is very difficult at the best of times ,simply doesn't work on Penny mining stocks even those worth 2.2 billion dollars .
    Gold weakening again (as is the Australian dollar)related to persistent high inflation and the need for the US fed to raise interest rates even further .
    Housing in the Us is falling and sales down 40% related to high mortgage rates .A worldwide recession is on the way I am afraid.
    Its good news for savers however ,bank cd rates in the US have gone from virtually zero 6 months ago to 5-to 5.5% .
    Right now many investors are just putting cash in short term cds etc due to the uncertainty of the stock markets worldwide .
    POG seems to be in a trading range and does not seem to be a protectant against inflation .Mining stocks are not performing well even those that are blue chip like FNV which is down 5 % today .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.