DEG 4.76% $1.21 de grey mining limited

I was thinking about GDXJ which is run by Van Eyk and associates...

1. 628 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    I was thinking about GDXJ which is run by Van Eyk and associates .
    They currently own about 60 million shares of DEG .
    This is I think a recent acquisition .I happen to own gdxj ,its a good index of smaller gold shares ,usually producers and it gives one exposure to a basket of gold stocks without an individual stock risk .For example problems with a mine ,costs increasing, difficulty getting permits etc .DEG is an outlier as it has a high market cap but no prospect of production for years .
    Normally when a company enters into GDXJ which often involves the purchase of a large number of shares (in Degs case 60 million) which can move a stock price GDXJ will notify the company that it is going to become part of the index I share and then the company proudly announces that it will become part of gdxj and then the shares are acquired .This does not seem to have happened with DEG as far as I can see.
    The only indicator that perhaps something was going to happen was the purchase by Mr LILL OF 500,000 shares of DEG to add to his substantial position .At the time no one seems to have commented on this ,certainly not gb girl who touts DEG at least 40 times per month with what is often fake news about a potential takeover. This of course never happens because DEG is so overpriced relative to its explorer peers .If one looks one can find several 10 million ounce discoveries worldwide (which are much cheaper )though not in Australia.
    GDXJ is a passive fund that buys based on market cap.
    The time when Mr Lill purchased his 500,000 shares proved to be an excellent buy time and he has made a tidy profit in less than 4 months when DEg was in a cyclical low in its current trading range which has been going on for 2-3 years .
    So my suggestion to any potential investor in DEG is to watch what Mr Lill does ,he is an insider with insider knowledge and is required to report stock purchases .Pay no attention to paid touts who inhabit this bb who post 30-40 times per month with fake news and pay attention to what people in the know do .If Mr Lill sells whatever the reason given ,bail out immediately ,whether the reason given is financial planning ,or my Pet parrot needs expensive veterinary care .
    DEG is in a trading range and will likely remain in such for several years since discovering more reserves which wont be produced in anyone’s lifetime doesnt add meaningfully to share value.
    Its way overpriced compared to peers so I very much doubt it will be taken over ,there are much cheaper tempting peer one discoveries that will be taken out first .There is quite a lot of consolidation in the gold sector right now as big discoveries are hard to find .The skill is identifying the cheaper ones that will be targets.The consolidation first began with the majors ,now it beginning in the mid tier producers and will eventually progress to the cheaper explorers .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.21
Change
0.055(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $2.899B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.19 $1.21 $1.19 $9.324M 7.770M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 33645 $1.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.21 12149 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.