DEG 1.36% $1.23 de grey mining limited

What is not discussed is the major disconnect between the gold...

1. 616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    What is not discussed is the major disconnect between the gold price which is doing well and gold stocks who are still on average (eg GDX)not doing well and 25-35% below there peak ,so right now this does not have the feel of a bull market in gold stocks .Hard to understand but i think must be in part related to big banks manipulating the gold price up whilst shorting the big gold stocks down and the increasing cost of producing the gold due to inflation.
    There have been a lot of none sense written upon these boards about takeover speculation none of which is based on fact including the recent none sense about bhp.It has the money but it is not a gold miner .One could speculate that Apple will take over DEG ,it has money,about as likely though as bhp ,they have lost a lot of money attempting to build an electric car ,they could equally waste money building a gold mine.
    Interestingly what is never discussed is gold road .They are in the best position and have 20% of DEG .They will have board members on the DEG board (I dont know how many).
    It is interesting to see how they built a gold mine ,they attempted to build Gruyère ,couldn’t manage it ,then sold half the mine to Goldfields plus goldfields(which is the operator) finished the plant .They are now gradually building up production of Gruyère and it is cash flow positive ,it has money in the bank which enabled it to buy 20% of DEG.Gold roads cash flow will be increasing (apart from the recent rain event at Gruyère)
    So I could very well see the same scenario developing with DEGS mine .I dont think DEG management has the ability to build a big mine nor the financial resources to do so (I may be proven wrong of course).DEG could get into financial difficulties ,the share price drops and Gold road with their financial resources could buy more DEG,arrange a 50% sale to Goldfields (same as Gruyère),have goldfields build the plant and operate it and Gold road would share half the profits.Interesting thought i think and much more likely than bhp,Agnico or Newmont taking over deg in my personal opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
-0.017(1.36%)
Mkt cap ! $2.277B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.17 $1.27 $1.15 $24.38M 19.87M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 23550 $1.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.24 313766 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
-0.017 ( 1.32 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.31 $1.31 $1.16 3556027
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.