IIQ 0.86% 57.5¢ inoviq ltd

First time commenting here - been in since before the...

1. 168 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    First time commenting here - been in since before the consolidation - first buy was in 2019.

I was considering what else has been happening in the market in blood test diagnostics area lately.

I think it's possible they would consider doing something similar to Thrive in the US.

In 2018 they did a Cash raising of $110 Mil and then in 2020 they did a cash raising of $257 mil.

Now they are being bought for $2.15 Billion by Exact Sciences to be completed this quarter (65% stock & 35% cash).

They have a Pan Cancer blood test called CancerSeek (it is a John Hopkins research project) with what appears to have sensitivities for a range of cancers in the range of 69% - 98% and specificities of 99%.

Surprise surprise they are now eaten up by the big end of town.

Then there is GRAIL being acquired by Illumina for $8 Billion (announced in Sep last year). Since 2016 Grail raised over $2 Billion in venture capital from people like Bill Gates, Jeff Bozos etc. Its test (I think) has sensitivities of about 93% and specificities of the 99% benchmark. It has added advantages of being able it identify which cancers they are positive for. I need to more a bit more reading on this.

Both tests seem to have different sensitivities based on the stages of the cancers etc so its not as simple as directly comparing the tests to each other using the headlines - but what seems clear to me is the real interest in Pan Cancer markers and other more specific blood tests to identify cancers instead of more invasive tests.

If BD1 can pull this off - then the potential really is huge and cash for fast tracking and progressing the development of the tests will not be a big deal imho.

It's all out there if you go looking.

Good luck all.

Cheers

Hevlet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IIQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
57.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.86%)
Mkt cap ! $60.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.5¢ 58.5¢ 56.5¢ $92.66K 161.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 10531 56.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
58.5¢ 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IIQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.