A2M 1.23% $6.56 the a2 milk company limited

Part of my life story was losing a heap of money trying to catch...

1. 46,570 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8706
    Part of my life story was losing a heap of money trying to catch falling knives and averaging down on falling stocks ( a common mistake for newbies ) - The old cliche trying to pick bottoms only gets you smelly fingers certainly rings true . Long term investors in good stocks can ride out market corrections and crashes but its much better to buy in to a rising trend than trying to guess the bottom in a falling one.

The other day I mentioned Bill McLaren and his "volatility brings in tops" quote well we certainly have that at the moment - The Dow has now had a technical correction in the last week whether that extends further to become a technical crash ( -20% ) is yet to play out - nothing goes up or down in a straight line so there are going to be wild swings as bargain hunters try to guess where the bottom is

This is all macro stuff and nothing stock specific to A2M - consumer staples historically do well in falling markets its the spec end of town that gets smashed the hardest which only stands to reason given they benefit the most in raging bull markets .

DOW futures were down as much as 1700 last night its going to be an interesting day - My index short taken out on close Friday is currently my biggest paper profit in 5 years - Picking the top was just a pure fluke - I fully expected it to be underwater on Monday morning but I was prepared to add to it and had a very lose stop on it.

Now the hard part when to close it out and bank the cash ???

Fear and greed index ( VIX) was up over 100%

https://www.investing.com/news/stoc...arly-1200-points-in-stock-market-rout-1199615

https://www.investing.com/indices/indices-futures

8am EST

futs xx.PNG
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.080(1.23%)
Mkt cap ! $4.742B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.46 $6.57 $6.45 $9.696M 1.489M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9840 $6.56

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.57 25983 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.