NWH 0.30% $3.36 nrw holdings limited

Chart Update, page-1806

1. 18,365 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3827
    Hello to all
    ..and goodbye to some
    -Our old friend, OC Funds, has flagged that with market cap over $1B, NRW has grown too large to fit its MicroCap Fund criteria :/

https://www.ocfunds.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/191231-OC-Micro-Cap-Fund-Fund-Update.pdf

“During early December, we undertook a site visit to the Hammersley Range in the Pilbara region of Western Australia to better understand the role that long-term Fund holding, NRW (NWH; +39.2%) is playing in the development of Rio Tinto’s (RIO) major new flagship project, the US$2.6b Koodaideri iron ore mine.
    The mine will commence production in 2021 and when fully ramped up will produce 43 million tonnes of iron ore per annum over the following 20 years (and it also includes scope for stage 2 expansion of a further 30 million tonnes per annum).

To date, NWH has been appointed contractor for bulk earthworks, mining pre- strip and rail infrastructure with a total contract value of approximately A$300m.
    Following our site visit, we now have an enhanced understanding of the sheer scale of the new mine, NWH’s scope of works, and importantly its ability to win further add on contracts near term, through the benefit of site incumbency, and also its positioningto be appointed as contractor should RIO go aheadwith the stage 2 expansion of the project (a decisionwe expect inside the next 12 months).

During our time in the West, NWH completed its previously announced $310m acquisition of BGC Contracting which firmly cements the combined group as WA’s preeminent mining and civil construction contractor.

NWH has served the Micro-cap portfolio well over a number of years, growing both organically and by acquisition, but now, with a market capitalisation above $1bn (from our entry around $100m), we will be looking to exit the position.

HOWEVER

Over at their Premium Small Companies fund...
    .... “We see 2020 as another year of growth for NRW and continue to back the management team to deliver on shareholder expectations.”
    https://www.ocfunds.com.au/wp-conte...-Premium-Small-Companies-Fund-Fund-Update.pdf

AND
    More of the same at the OC Dynamic Equity Fund.
    ... https://www.ocfunds.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/191231-OC-Dynamic-Equity-Fund-Fund-Update.pdf
    To repeat the bouquet ceremony for the third time ;
    ....... “During our time  in the West, NWH completed its previously announced $310m acquisition of BGC Contracting which firmly cements the combined group as WA’s preeminent mining and civil construction contractor.
    We see 2020 as another year of growth for NRW and continue to back the management team to deliver on shareholder expectations.”

For anyone interested ...

cheers
    Last edited by sabine: 25/01/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.