NWH 0.74% $2.74 nrw holdings limited

Hi Sabine,"The company’s iron ore is exported through Bing Bong...

1. 344 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    Hi Sabine,

"The company’s iron ore is exported through Bing Bong port on the Gulf of Carpentaria."

I was a little surprised the Bing Bong Port escaped your curiosity. Luckily, 'Naive Nomads' were there in 2013. Here is their report.

Bing Bong

Not far from King Ash Bay is a place called Bing Bong. When you exitKing Ash Bay and get to the end of the dirt road you come to a T intersectionbitumen road. This is called Robinson Road. If you turn left, you go towardsBorroloola. If you turn right, you head towards Bing Bong.

We had been told by several people that there was nothing to see at BingBong. They were right.

It turns out that Bing Bong isn’t even a town. You simply come to a deadend road. At the end there is a fence and a gate that goes into a mine site.This mine site is where all the stuff they dig up from the McArthur River mineends up. It gets loaded up onto a big barge at this site in Bing Bong and takenout into the Gulf of Carpentaria and loaded onto bigger ships.

Bing Bong is definitely NOT on the “must see” list for anyone visitingKing Ash Bay. But if curiosity gets the better of you (like it did us) then takethe drive out there to see for yourself. It took about 40 minutes from Borroloola.

Fair enough. But a comment on their in-depth report intrigued me ...

Pity you didn't go there with anylocals .. It's a very important cultural site and there are Maccassan kilns fordrying 'Trepang' commonly known as sea cucumber or bêche-de-mer in French ..the Maccassans came to the area each year and traded with the local Aboriginalpeople for hundreds of years before the Europeans invaded.

So here, for those who might be interested, is a link to a short video on trepang ...
    https://aso.gov.au/titles/tv/food-lovers-guide-australia-52/clip1/?nojs

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.74
Change
0.020(0.74%)
Mkt cap ! $1.241B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.74 $2.78 $2.71 $3.207M 1.168M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4913 $2.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.76 15723 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.74
  Change
0.020 ( 0.81 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.73 $2.78 $2.71 220711
Last updated 15.59pm 21/05/2024 ?
NWH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.