NWH 0.30% $3.36 nrw holdings limited

Chart Update, page-3270

1. 18,365 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3827
    Hi Yorkie,

I think when Jules was speaking of potential profits from Primero’s engineering work on battery materials studies (was it at the 2022 AGM? .. . . particularly relation to studies being undertaken in N. America) they were quite high … but it’s too late and I am still too much in holiday mode to track down his exact comments right now.
    And maybe that has changed (yes to the squeeze on lithium producers) or maybe not?
    Perhaps the half yearly report will provide some updates on battery metals work.

… And to quickly share a few other bits of news …

Sadly, last Thursday the founder of the large privately held and West Australian-based contracting company, Georgiou Group, Spiro - Peter- Georgiou, passed away aged 88.
    Georgiou is another of Australia’s large contracting companies where success has been based on integrity and dedication and I’m reminded of similar words being said at the passing of Cyril Golding, founder of Golding Contracting, now a division of NRW.
    His leadership, integrity, and dedication turned a small construction company into a national success, guided by principles of hard work and unwavering loyalty to employees,” Georgiou Group said in a statement.”

Another famous local contractor whose founder has passed is Ausdrill, now Perenti (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05...der-and-wa-mining-tycoon-ron-sayers/101050224), and there was news just yesterday that dome WA employees at its’ mining division, Barminco may be out of work with Panoramic’s closure of the Savannah Nickel mine,

Some may remember that Prinero was contracted to work at Savannah in happier times, but that (last August?) a (timely for us) decision was made that Panoramic would switch to an owner-operated model.

And today, news of another closure - The Alcoa aluminium refinery at Kwinana
    “..The move to switch off the State’s oldest alumina plant is a huge blow to local manufacturing, with about 1100 staff and contractors set to lose their jobs or be redeployed…”

I think 2024 looks to be shaping up as a very hard year out there for lithium projects, and for some others as well although there may be a ‘silver lining’ if the squeeze on projects means the worker squeeze is - at last - relaxing?

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.36
Change
-0.010(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $1.529B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.37 $3.40 $3.33 $3.394M 1.007M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 11045 $3.36

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.38 4370 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NWH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.