NWH 0.28% $3.56 nrw holdings limited

… although I just saw the AFR posted a doom and gloom story on...

1. 18,583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3887
    … although I just saw the AFR posted a doom and gloom story on potential for more closures Parma..
    And one in that report is Mt Cattlin…
    NRW has only recently embarked on this project with the LOI given at the end of last financial year ..
    https://app.sharelinktechnologies.com/announcement/asx/a431cbf21c7dceecaa1a463a4655a91b

Here, FWIW, is the AFR excerpt;

cheers

https://www.afr. com/companies/mining/the-eight-mines-most-at-risk-of-closure-amid-a-battery-metals-slump-20240109-p5evzc
    ….
    Mt Cattlin lithium mine

Owner: Arcadium Lithium
    Barely 40 kilometres away from the Ravensthorpe mine, the Mt Cattlin lithium mine is also believed to be burning cash now that lithium prices are testing $US1000 a tonne.
    Mt Cattlin produced lithium-rich spodumene concentrate at a C1 cost of $US636 a tonne in the three months to September 30.
    But C1 costs do not include the cost of paying royalties to governments and a bunch of other administrative expenses.
    Citi analysts reckon Mt Cattlin needs the benchmark spodumene price to be about $US1500 a tonne to break even.
    Workers at Mt Cattlin were sent on an extended summer in January 2020 when the mine tried to survive a lithium price slump. In those days, Mt Cattlin was the sole asset for a company called Galaxy Resources. But Mt Cattlin is now part of a global, vertically integrated lithium company called Arcadium that is diversified by geography and product.
    Arcadium’s ability to make money elsewhere will make it easier to run Mt Cattlin at a loss than it was for Galaxy, but there’s no guarantee. In the eight months it took Allkem and Livent to complete their Arcadium merger, representatives insisted they wanted to be a player in the Australian lithium sector. The next six months at Mt Cattlin will be a litmus test of those ambitions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.