A2M 1.57% $5.65 the a2 milk company limited

Enjoy weekend and drink responsibly lol . The flushing-out may...

1. 258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 216
    Enjoy weekend and drink responsibly lol . The flushing-out may or may not start I think, the support is getting stronger. Possibly there will be a range bound trading pattern forming before the market updates from the company. What I’ve noticed is just like retails doing research at a street level on Daigou or online channel sales , the brokers actually carry out their own on the ground research . And why wouldn’t you , if yourself and putting in tens of millions chips , you would probably hire a guy just to gather market intelligence to guide the investment decision apart from the charts snd desk top simulation. After all it’s what’s on the ground matters. The wordings from Bell Potter and UBS look to have fairly clear indications that they’ve done the research. I think Citi has also done the research and their HK branch has been behind the selling and shorting over the past months. As a logistic hub , their HK branch would probably have conducted some first hand intelligence on the logistic movements on IF in HK and concluded a selling/shorting strategy that’s been mega successful over the past a few months. However if you read Citi’s most recent update on A2M, they are now playing down the logistic and inventory issue and instead citing the rising of domestic competition. But we all know how A2M competes in China. This looks like a very broad brush just to cover their shorting position before they change their tone. Trading strategies are secretive among the top boys and can yield huge return for the investment banks. A friend of mine used to work for a major bank in HK once told me , a year end BONUS to the bank’s trade/fund manager on a good year was 50m HKD = $8-9m Aud paid in 1 single cheque to the fund manager.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.65
Change
-0.090(1.57%)
Mkt cap ! $4.084B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.82 $5.85 $5.60 $19.52M 3.424M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3719 $5.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.66 14100 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.