A2M 0.58% $6.91 the a2 milk company limited

I do think stop losses is needed when the SP is high and...

1. 258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 216
    I do think stop losses is needed when the SP is high and overpriced and the SP is on a major downward trend. This will help you preserve capital and in turn give you a bigger position upon reentry when the stock is oversold. Having said that, IMHO a stop losses on a major position should be triggered on a gradual basis and only after careful research and investigation and TA & chart analysis to confirm the downtrend is serious and fundamentals are in doubt therefore risk is genuinely high. Never listen to a downramper with bad history. In the case of A2M the timing of initial downgrades is the time when vigorous research and investigation could have been carried out.

Also broker target SP sometimes can be useful, although they have their vested interests but their numbers are actually the end product of market simulation , estimate and forecasts which then materialise in the form of a final number. In other words it’s actually scientifically derived stuff not some random numbers pulled out from the rear end of the notorious downrampers. I think it’s important to view all broker rating and target SP so that you can have a better view of the sentiment. At the end of the day these brokers are the main players in the market for the stock , it’s worthwhile to take notes although you will probably need to take it with a grain of salt Basing on the parameters and % of assumptions from the brokers , if you have the time you can also carry out you own version of research and see if it makes sense and check against your investigation.

And another point worth mentioning is , when the general market gets hit by a black swan and index corrects itself majorly , it’s better to take the stop losses early to preserve capital so that when the black swan dies down you will have enough capital to pick up the blood stained bargains that have been left behind by others after the market chaos.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.91
Change
0.040(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $4.995B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.87 $6.94 $6.82 $13.46M 1.954M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 8562 $6.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.92 3312 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.