A2M 4.42% $5.90 the a2 milk company limited

I know the article is from Motely Fool but its a good read....

1. 2,357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3255
    I know the article is from Motely Fool but its a good read.

Here’s what you can learn from A2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX:A2M)

Kevin Gandiya | October 11, 2018 | More on: A2M CSL SEK XRO AAPL

Source: Company presentation
    A2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX: A2M) has been a monster performer on the ASX and despite its share price being down 25% from its peak in March, the company has returned over 1,600% for investors who bought it at 56 cents in April 2015.
    That is a phenomenal return that even top companies such as CSL Limited (ASX: CSL) (up 110% over the same period), Xero Limited (ASX: XRO) (up 107% over the same period) and SEEK Limited (ASX: SEK) (up 33% over the same period) have not been able to come close to.
    So what can you learn from this? Here are a few lessons that I take away:
    The trend is your friend
    People have been talking about the rise of China for a long time and sometimes it’s easy to think that this trend is overplayed. These trends, however, take a long time to fully play out and investing in companies that are backed but such tailwinds can be lucrative.
    Pick and Shovel plays work just as well
    You don’t have to invest in the trend directly (in this case Chinese stocks) to benefit from it. For example, semiconductor manufacturers have benefited significantly from the growth of Apple iPhone sales.
    Understanding a business model and strategy is important.
    It’s an obvious point to make but who would have thought a milk company can grow that fast?
    Just because it has gone up, doesn’t mean it can’t go higher.
    Despite its share price going up 260% in 2017, A2 Milk Company shares are up over 20% so far in 2018. It might not sound impressive but that is still higher than index returns and it’s nothing to sneeze at.

https://www.********.au/2018/10/11/heres-what-you-can-learn-from-a2-milk-company-ltd-asxa2m/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.90
Change
0.250(4.42%)
Mkt cap ! $4.265B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.73 $5.91 $5.66 $17.87M 3.064M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 $5.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.91 5850 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.