XAO 0.61% 7,897.5 all ordinaries

Chart XAO - nowhere to hide on Black Friday?, page-2

1. 306 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 215
    High Noon and the fall here is not as bad as the US. The low of the XAO was 5,862 and that is spot on the 50% retracement of the big drop into March. That augurs well for price to hold that level for now, however, the acid test will be what happens in the US tonight. While the XAO hasn't fallen below last weeks low yet, I wouldn't be suprised to see prices fall next week as well to around 5,800.
    A senior analyst from an international broking firm told me 2 weeks ago that they believe the recent rally has been largely driven by sophisticated investors who exited the market when the fall into the end of March happened, and who are now reinvesting. While the mums and dads will have run screaming for the doors this morning, sophisticated investors have a longer time frame in mind and will usually ride out minor corrections - so it is possible that this might just be a short break in a continued push higher.
    So no clear view on whether to hold or fold - but leaning towards the former at the moment. Will review the position of my trades at 3.45 today. Market has been recovering a bit this morning so hopefully that will continue into the afternoon. Of course it is Friday and I'd expect a lot of traders to close out their positions so as to not be exposed to bad things that might arise over the weekend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.