OSH 0.00% $4.04 oil search limited

re: off topic dannykal chat. Well OSH is holding up ok,...

1. 2,141 Posts.
    re: off topic dannykal chat. Well OSH is holding up ok, disappointing it didnt push through 1.84 again, see how we go this afternoon.

Ive been trading the forex for around 12 months on and off but the last three months have mainly been forex. Used a demo account for a month at the start via FXCM, and went well but as you mentioned switching to trading with real money brings in the emotion side off things, still working on that.

As far as trading size goes i started off trading in 100,000 lots/ GBP 90,000 but found that the losses were to large at times, as you know you have to give currencies a wide stop because of the violatility so at the moment im trading in 50,000 lots(almost stress free) and will add to a winning positon once its apparent ive picked a decent trend. I end up with around 150,000 when things go well.

I will look at slowly increasing the lot size but doubt it would get beyond 200,000 any time soon, all depends how much i have in my account.

I requested a spreed sheet from Rob Booker who is a regular on Fxstreet and it basically shows you how with gain of just 10pips a day you can make quite a decent living, but the catch is you start of with leverage of 300,000 and build that up to 700,000(good one Rob), you could imagine the stress when each pip is worth around $90? wouldnt take to many bad calls to wipe out a decent amount of your account plus you would shorten your life span with the stress some days.

Not trading at present, no time at night due to Christmas partys ect and the day session is bl0ody quite with the ocassional spike here and there. Might not trade until after Christmas.....but then again im still watching on and off so that could change.

Good luck with your EUR/USD trade, ive noticed you have been up at some stages....then down(sh1t i gather you just got taken out), what fun it is to watch at times. Another thing im doing now is once i enter a trade i set my stop out level then go off and do something else (usually to do with charts/trading ect) knowing that if im wrong ill get taken out. Far less of an emotional drain then watching each pip move up and down and being tempted to exit early.

Have yourself a Great Christmas and New Year,

Tag.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OSH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.