CPL 0.00% 2.2¢ csl finance plc

chart, page-3

1. 709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    Callenels,

(excuse spelling , grammar etc- it's late!!!)

the chart is by no means technical, Hotfire normally posts the technical charts which show resistance levels, overbought oversold indicators and so on. This is very very rough presentation if i get a chance i will tidy up:).

What i am attempting to do (still work in progress) is to overlay announcements over the movements in SP and level of short stock.

What i am hoping to show in the graphs (when finished):
    1. the short sellers came in a big way in Feb 12 to May 12= +12.2M, Cum Shorts to Jan 12 = 285K.
    2. What announcements came out that may have lead to investors (locusts) wanting to short.
    3.June 12 to Feb 13 short position has only increased 1.3M
    4. Overlay broker opinion - am sure around Feb/March cap raising came in. Coal price cacked itself in June, so shorts were ahead of the curve- am thinking that the coal price had little to do with the short.
    5. Feb to May shorts increased +9.3M, share price held up - $1.70 to $1.08. Low came in after the short hit peak.
    6. SP Collapse June 12 to Feb 13- when short pos change only +2.8M...

Conclusion: No buyers for the stock!!! confidence in stock shattered by shorts and no investor relations/promotions to support the stock post May.. Fundamentals hadn't changed. In june was when the deal with the japs & Gene collapsed, around then that the funds assumed that CPL would have to do a major cap raising for the 900ML capex and as such major dilution. If anyone can find the first date when funds assumed a cap raising that would be great- i am sure it was apr 12.

Interesting that later 2012 every time an announcement came out - stock got shorted..

NB i have included only those ann- regarding funding & progress. excluded 3b's, directors, quarter cash etc.

Conclusion: Management has been crap in supporting the stock, it is getting de-risked yet our SP is going down.

bring back Ian Middlemas and Anastasios Arima!!!!Just look at what they have done with PDZ.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.