PDN 6.15% $13.98 paladin energy ltd

i like to compare trading to fishing.there are plenty of rivers...

1. 1,032 Posts.
    i like to compare trading to fishing.

there are plenty of rivers and reefs of oceans to fish but which one, no one knows.

all you can do is use your local knowledge and research to find what conditions attract the fish from your experience and then go to the spot and wait.

i feel as if the fundamentals like the sale of mine and possible nuke restarts in japan are what your would consider the local knowledge/research into your fishing spot.

if your reading this aka have this stock on your watch list, your at what i think is the right river.

when you cast your line, is when you begin to see strength and that strength is when more fishermen come to your river to fish.

when you feel a bite, that is when you enter the trade and go to battle with the fish, you use what ever technique you know to hook it so it is on the line when you reel your line in.

the bite is symbolic of a valid entry signal using your 'fishing/trading' technique that has proven to work.

once the bite has been confirmed (price going up) it is now your job to reel the fish in and get it in before it gets off the line. if you wait to long looking for a bigger fish you stand to loose your profit as your timing is of.

in that case, you can either:

catch a fish = profit,
    lose your bait = break even,
    lose your hook = lose money,
    lose your rod = lose more money; or the worst one

catch a snag and become psychologically attached and disillusioned that you have a big fish when really all your going to do is either fall in or snap your line and lose your hook.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.98
Change
0.810(6.15%)
Mkt cap ! $4.179B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.93 $14.28 $13.83 $47.88M 3.408M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 $13.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.98 6031 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.