GSR 0.00% 1.1¢ greenstone resources limited

BAR’s resource is a typical lateritic nickel deposit, it's only...

1. 122 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    BAR’s resource is a typical lateritic nickel deposit, it's only special in the sense that it's Co is elevated. The intense laterisation of ultramafics/komatities (tropical wet and hot conditions undergoing chemical weathering) concentrates Co, Ni in higher proportions. Primary mineralization of Ni (of which co is usually a minor fraction) is found in intrusive volcanic chambers (Nova) or as lava flows (Widgiemooltha etc).

I have no doubt that many Mt. Thirsty' s exist where ever you get laterisation of ultramafics (it helps if the source rock is high in Co to begin with). If you want to seek out similar deposits you need to be in the right geological province (Ni belts), greenstones with extensive ultramafics, then search (if your using BAR’s model) for intense areas of laterisation. It requires someone to look over hundreds of WAMEX reports, to identity favourable settings, then combining ground truthing and geophysics (typically magnetic/gravity) to find a laterisated zone – followed by drilling. I would arrange a rockchip sampling programme over the tenements in question (focusing on laterite outcrops) to find high Co. I doubt much of that work has been done, since the focus is usually on Ni/Au in those areas. All of Widgemooltha is prospective and much of the goldfields. If the effort is put in more will be found.

I haven’t studied PIO in detail and don’t have the time atm to do so.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.