BKL 0.00% $94.73 blackmores limited

i topped up my holdings at 116.10 today to bring my average...

1. 1,380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 648
    i topped up my holdings at 116.10 today to bring my average purchase price down to 124. my point is that for anyone who believes in the quality of the company and the long term outlook, increasing your holding now will improve your overall profits later, assuming you bought in at above 130. this strategy of 'averaging down' by buying in incrementally, reduces risk compared to buying in at one moment which may be before a sudden dip, like what happened to bkl recently.
    obviously if you bought in at under 130, you may prefer just to hold unless you believe strongly that it will bounce up soon.
    this will sound obvious to the experienced investors, but im talking to the less experienced members out there that may be nervous about their bkl shares.
    i believe the sp trend down today is a combination of nervous holders pre-quarterly meeting, a few pre-set stop losses, and the shorters sitting tight rather than cashing in.
    i hope the oct report is good, but none of us can predict the future and there have been no hints other than strong consumer demand in general in china, so good luck to all sellers and buyers out there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BKL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.