GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Next surprise announcement huh? I've heard that one before. The...

1. 5,933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1206
    Next surprise announcement huh? I've heard that one before. The announcement about an SDV deal by end of last year, the announcement of cash for SDV sale going into the bank was supposed to see the share price fly to the moon, announcements about great production results, etc.

I've said before, wait until the end of the year at the earliest before giving lithium stocks a sniff. As Benjamin Graham says, the stock market is like a pendulum. The pendulum is still swinging away. Wait for it to get to its farthest point, which is when the risk is at its lowest point. Spod prices are still dropping every month. I'm tired of people buying a blatant falling knife and then blaming short sellers and now even pip traders for the demise of the share price. Lithium is a resource and goes in cycles just like every other resource.

GXY is a one-trick pony at the moment. SDV is so far away from production I need binoculars and JB is so far away I can barely see it with a telescope. You can't factor in any potential earnings from those into any current valuation of the company.

Also, if you look at the trouble ORE have had with their brine asset, you'd be foolish to think SDV with be smooth sailing. GXY saying SDV will be operating in 5 years is a pipe dream at the moment. This is a company that made grandiose claims of June shipping recently that weeks later went belly up. How reliable are they going to be with a 5 year estimate when they cants even predict what's going to happen in a couple of weeks?
    Last edited by asb83: 08/07/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.