GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Chart, page-14847

1. 13,895 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8458
    “it implies you think there's a real impassibility I could do so given the chance.”

Correct. I doubt you would last 5 minutes running the company.

“Now, just you Sir, explain to me why POSCO would give Galaxy a quarter of a billion dollars if it didn't think it could raise 4 or 5 times that?”

POSCO needed a quality Li resource and paid us for it. They are planning ahead for the next 20+ years. So what? It will save POSCO billions of dollars over the next few decades compared to buying product from someone else. Win win.

“Galaxy would be in one tight spot and need to be doing CR's until the end of 40 years time... unless it had unloaded JB.”

But we did sell the north paddock to POSCO and now have the cash to survive this downturn. Are you implying that we simply had an option to sell JB instead? In which universe was there an offer on the table for JB?

It’s real easy from the armchair to be critical and say that the POSCO deal was a mistake and we should’ve sold JB instead or whatever... whether that (or any other) alternative was even on the table is another question entirely. The fact is, we accessed a sh!tload of cash at what turned out to be a very critical time, without compromising our flagship project. Anyone criticising that needs to put together a well considered argument rather than a few throw away comments about some fanciful “alternative” option.

And as for analyst projections, I pay no attention to them other than to examine their underlying assumptions - doesn’t the fact that their forecasts vary so wildly raise any red flags about their “reliability” ???
    If the analysts were any good, they wouldn’t be working for bell potter or ubs or whoever, would they? They’d be far richer than any of us and out enjoying their limited years here.

I think we agree on one thing however, that this company has great potential over the next decade to grow and prosper from the massive Li demand growth that will come. Neither of us would be invested here otherwise.

Ok enough cluttering of the chart thread . Take it to the banter thread....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.