GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Thanks for those comparisons Gareth, and for putting SYR back on...

1. 257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 491
    Thanks Baba that makes sense. Ideal conditions for shorts to cover during the market sell-off allowing them to buy in to massive supply. It was the second leg down while shorts were still dropping (and after a short covering fueled rally) that had me scratching my head, but as you point out with a lack of buying pressure, the selling from profit takers (and others) could easily be absorbed by the shorts covering without any upward pressure on price. Nice and simple explanation- always like to take those rather than the complicated ones!
    Thanks for those comparisons Gareth, and for putting SYR back on my radar! I know that was not your intention but it was good to me back around May last year so had a look again - it's just re-testing a meerkat pop out of a very tight Bollinger squeeze so is at a very interesting position rolleyes.png .

I didn't check CBA but you are quite right, GXY has fared very well in comparison to SYR. Both had shorts peak on 11/3 at over 20%, and both had already started selling off early to mid February. However SYR was smashed a lot harder and at much higher relative volumes than GXY, dropping about 75% compared to GXY's 44% over the same period. So I guess little wonder that SYR shorts have evaporated down to 5.55% - they have cashed in during the sell-off and booked a 2021 trip to the Bahamas. What will be interesting is whether all that pain has set it up for some future gain.

Not sure where that leaves GXY- the most highly traded area since the last bottom is a narrow band between 0.77 and 0.785, and last close was right on 0.785. Looking short term, a break and close below 0.77 would obviously not be positive, but a bounce off around 0.77 to close at 0.785 or above would be nice.

Apologies for the rambling- I'll blame the combination of the Covid lock-down and some iso-beers....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.