GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Chart, page-8228

1. 3,346 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3634
    Yep. While I agree with the general view that management's information flow leaves a lot to be desired, and the SP emotion management is horrendous, I don't think the short term fluctuations have anything to do with their actual management of the company - which is of course exactly what the problem is: perception in a vacume of infrormation differs from reality. These cycles are all about the artificially induced externalities of the market, and the long waiting periods between Li mine development milestones.

If it follows previous patterns, it looks like it is pretty much at the bottom now. Could stuff around between 280 and 300 for a couple of days. Came back down a bit faster then normal, but also on very low volumes which suggests exhaustion of selling interest. Again, if it follows previous patterns, it will be about 10 calendar days from now that it will test 330 again. If the larger cycle holds, it will pass through 330 and test 340-350 in Jun. I am tracking the 8 day SMA and look for the SP to break through that. For some reason the 8 day ma on closing price (not candle) seems to be a pretty good indicator of the break up / break down pattern on this stock this year. The XL chart one is better than the (at least, my) trading system one because it keeps tracking the line forward of the current SP for 8 periods (probably a charting bug/artifact) and and delivers a forward warning of the impending breach of the line. I have no idea why this time period has been working.

As usual if one is holding, I would relax about it - check again in 10 days, if not, well....you know. Suffice to say, not a single one of the news reports this year in the MSM has touched on the only issues that would change my mind about Li as an investment. Not global cooling, not supply increases, not auto-deals, not Tesla delays, not 25 year old etc. I believe the only thing that will impact is Gov policy - Argentinian industry nationalisation, China/Europe vehicle tech standards, grid power tech. While ever these favour Li, demand will outstrip supply for the next 10 years at least. I can't see these changing anytime soon - not because of the AGW religion, but straight out geopolitical power struggles over oil, fuel import costs and city population health from old style hydro-carbon smog. Large cities are filthy, even Oz ones where our fuel and engines are relatively clean. Cities aren't getting smaller, and the number of vehicles in them is not reducing and that fine black soot coating everything is building - the electric solution is not going away.

(Of course, Not advice, as I have no idea what I am talking about and you should ignore everything I just said, etc, etc.)
    Last edited by Darkstone: 25/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.