MEI 3.57% 13.5¢ meteoric resources nl

Chart, page-1095

1. 5,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2114
    Maybe I am showing my ignorance but I am really puzzled by the significant amount of Moly shown in the cores.

From my limited research it appears that moly % in porphyry deposits is very low grade (eg less than 0.1%) and contain only small amounts of moly resources. The cores suggest that moly is high grade (eg 1%) and extents most of the 600m implying it maybe a significant resource which from what I have read IS VERY UNUSAL. But it is only one hole.

I note Dr Carvalho's comments in the announcement which states:

"Our discovery, 400km to the west of the above mentioned project, IS CHANGING EXPLORATION IDEAS ALONG THE ENTIRE BELT."

Not sure what the highlighted part of this means but the context implies he is talking about the porphyry. He also states:

"We do not know how big it is and what average grade it will deliver, but initial signs are that it strong and large." I interpret strong to mean high grade.

I generally find all this puzzling since it looks very encouraging but the SP reaction implies it is not ie suggests I misinterpreting the details in the announcements.

I am interested in other views and happy to be corrected if I am incorrect.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $268.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 14.5¢ 13.5¢ $365.6K 2.633M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 1384176 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 689175 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.