KCN 2.71% $1.33 kingsgate consolidated limited.

My chin hit the floor when Jamie blamed the poor equipment...

1. 7 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    There was a bit of a bad surprise about 'the plant being in a bad condition after being closed for years' being the reason that we had to buy the new fleet. We were paying for C&M during closure, but maybe the finances were so tight they we couldn't pay for 'good quality C&M'
    My chin hit the floor when Jamie blamed the poor equipment sitting idle for years.How much was maintenance and care costing us?I think we could have refurbished one plant on those out goings.

Hi Dan and Gymjunky

To clarify the C&M at Chatree and across the road at the Lotus Hall depot.

When the mine closed "trusted" KCN Thai employees were left on site to look after the two plants that were fully operational.
    These "trusted" KCN Thai employees were paid for C&M by KCN shareholders for years.
    These "trusted" KCN Thai employees stripped everything of value from the two plants and associated infrastructure.
    This theft was clearly visible to anyone allowed on site since all electrical cables and pipework were also gone!
    Surely the KCN management (Gibson and RSK) knew about this theft, but still kept paying for C&M?
    When Wayne Schiller arrived on site and saw the destruction, he sacked the "trusted" KCN Thai employees as an example to any other employee even thinking about doing something similar.
    Now Wayne has gone are these "trusted" KCN Thai employees again working with the company?
    Have they been re-employed as part of the Thai community relations programs?
    This could be a question for Denial to confirm or deny!
    One thing for sure is that both plants that were working prior to the mine closing were then (after C&M) in need of complete rebuilding at shareholder cost.
    The cost to shareholders of the C&M has come at a double cost since if our "trusted" paid KCN Thai employees were not left in charge of C&M both our plants would have been operational much quicker and for minimal cost.
    Possibly Jamie thinks C&M means "Community and Management relationship at shareholders expense"!

Regarding the Lotus Hall yard across the public road from our plants, anyone could simply drive around among the idle trucks and other heavy equipment, and although they all looked in working condition, it is impossible to know what may have been removed and sold by the same thieves that stripped our processing plants and equipment.
    I believe any C&M on the trucks would be Lotus Halls responsibility.
    Clearly not as much damage as was done to the Lotus Hall trucks compared to our plants that were under paid C&M!
    Note: the new trucks belong to KCN the previous fleet belonged to Lotus Hall.

My shares will be voting against the remuneration resolution.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.33
Change
0.035(2.71%)
Mkt cap ! $342.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.33 $1.35 $1.30 $657.9K 497.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 8694 $1.32

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.33 16443 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.49pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.