CHN 1.55% $1.31 chalice mining limited

Chart, page-398

1. 3,717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1083
    Comes down to what you mean by "potential". Do you mean 30 days return on SP or do you mean 10 years, or do you mean something in between? Do you mean SP or do you mean quantity of metal produced, or do you mean margin on what is produced? What kind of investor or trader are you because it makes a big difference to the answer.
    PGE+Ni vs Au. Hardly comparable commodities and their demand/supply factors are rather different.

CHN has no defined resources of anything yet and is only prospective for Au in the Bendigo area, albeit hopeful. Julimar (PGE+Ni) is still being explored but drilling results indicate a very large find. Not able to get any indication as to the economics of Julimar yet. No metallurgy results, not even able to surmise possible resources with any amount of confidence. Can only say that it looks large and very promising. We have been waiting for quite some time for more drilling results to come from the Bendigo Au prospects which is starting to raise concerns that there is nothing much there yet, whereas Julimar is proceeding apace with many drilling rigs to continue defining the mineralisation.

BGL has 2.2Moz of Au defined resource and continuing to show good results but these are still in the inferred category (at 3.5g/t cut off). It is close to producing indicated resources but it will be later on before reserves are defined with a feasibility study. This will be before CHN, in all probability, but its EV is nearly triple that of CHN.

Maybe be a devil and buy both and that way hedge your bets. In my opinion they are now both highly priced for where they are at, which increases their risk level but I am not prepared to predict their price movements going forward. All I can say, is that BGL appears further down the track towards defining reserves and coming up with a feasibility study than CHN.

I am only giving you my opinion and not professional advice. Do whatever you think best. For the record, I hold shares in both companies and have done so for a few years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.