BRN 2.94% 17.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Chart, page-13330

1. 1,733 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2120
    So this is a more detailed look at recent price action from an EW (Elliott Wave) perspective and discussion on possible price projection from fibbonaci extension numbers. Ralph Nelson Elliott was the great mind who articulated EW analysis and put a wholistic concept of the market and individual stocks also moving within a repeating pattern of fractals.

There are some basic rules, which if not corresponded to by the market may defeat or invalidate a particular wave tagging model i.e. Wave 3 can never be the shortest wave in a five wave up (bull) 5 wave down (bear) movement, Wave 4 price can never move into the territory of Wave 1. There are also a range of guidelines but they are not as hard and fast as the rules. I won't get too technical, but the market will validate or invalidate your EW wave tagging.

Having said that, I do not know of any other way of analysing markets with such a high degree of probability as EW and Fibbonacci, but it is "probabilistic". So the reason I have done the very brief technical intro is in large part because as I mentioned in my previous chart post 10/12/21, 22:25, #58225721 it looks most likely that BRN has concluded a Wave 2 down. I was also pretty amazed to see a 6 year trend line intersecting the downtrend line which was in place following previous several months price action.

The amazing bit was that at the convergence of these lines BRN broke out into current strong uptrend, many of us have been expecting BRN to the back of recent news and announcements from the company. However from a TA and EW perspective it is a good picture.
    Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 6.36.17 pm.png
    So if my thinking is correct BRN is a high probability to be in a Wave 3, these can quite often be the most impulsive and powerful wave, so given it could be a 3rd wave up you could be expecting some strong upward price action (always interspersed with some corrective action particularly the 4th Wave) however BRN still has a lot of work ahead before I become fully convinced that is the territory BRN now inhabits.

First hurdle is a break above 77c, but then to truly know we are in the 3rd Wave up BRN has to break through last years (and all time high) at 97c. Once above 97c we will know BRN is definitely in that 3rd wave territory which opens up some awesome Fibbonaci extension potentials.

On fibbo extensions take a look at the above chart, you can see the 100% retrace level is set at last years low at around 3c, the zero point is last years high 97c. The low of wave 2 for BRN was incredibly close to a common wave 2 retrace of wave 1 -- 61.8% or .618.

Moving on, I will give some wave 3 fibbo extensions these are of course not hard and fast, but as I have demonstrated they can be a very good guide to price outcomes. Fibbo 3rd wave extensions are based off wave 1 length in this case I have wave 1 up beginning @3c and finishing @97c = 94c.

Common fibbo 3rd wave extensions are 161.8, 261.8 or 323.6% of wave 1 which was 94c,
    161.8 of 94 = 152.09 + 70c = $2.2209
    261.8 of 94 = 246.09 + 70 = $3.1609
    323.6 of 94 = 304.18 + 70 = $3.7418

Of course many here are strong in their view of possibilities and prospects for BRN and prices quoted above would be in line with the expectations of a number here. The thing is with BRN as I said in previous post, until the cash starts hitting the books BRN will continue to the plaything of the HFT Bots, unless we start to see some strong newsflow.

On that front I am expecting to see at least one contract but very possibly at least two or more short term, and it's the "more" that I want to see, which would put outcomes in line with PVDMs "explosive growth" mention recently. So the technicals look to be in line with the fundamentals, so bring it on.

One other thing i might finish off with is my EW outlook for the wider market, if anyone is still reading, am looking for the S&P500 (SPX) to hit a new local high at around 4,882 up to 4,987 by around mid Jan 2022 (maybe a touch earlier), then correct in a 4th wave down to 4,439 by around late Mar, these projections are off current numbers, will see how this all pans out - happy to hear other views @Yak52 et al.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $342.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 18.0¢ 17.0¢ $737.6K 4.203M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
69 1587304 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 213251 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.