BRN 0.00% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Chart, page-16545

1. 6,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2751
    @jwoody1000 @Meghoon

Thanks for the tag & question.

Apols for long post as no easy crystal ball answer in TA, just as there is no easy crystal ball answer in FA eg when is the next Ann (other than regulatory known ones), what will it be about etc. Holders who research & join dots can find possible clues or probabilities just as TA is more about probable outcomes as well as trying to factor in the wider macro mkt. I know this post will most likely not answer your question in full but hopefully helps in some way.

@Saragian has provided some probable target prices / zones and the hrly chart I have posted has similar zones if you look at the higher high / higher low pivots as indicative areas to watch, projected forward.

Most who use TA find through trial & error and study what works for them in the way of indicators, moving averages, patterns etc and then work on probable outcomes. Same could be said re std candles, bars or heiken ashi candles etc.

Something I do like to see is things like a doji around a supp or resist area which indicates some mkt indecision (bear / bull tussle) & potential reversals.

Another couple charts at the end of the post. First is an hrlly Heiken Ashi / Ichimoku style and other more about a linear regression channel with std deviations (similar to something saragian had on theirs) plus a 20 day, 50 day & 200 day moving average being green, yellow & blue. MA's being commonly used in TA for poss supp / resist. The other main indicator is a Trading View one which has a number of other weighted indicators & MAs in the background to provide a D, W, M snapshot.

Here is also another post below I have copied that I posted on another stock not long ago to essentially a similar line of questioning.

IMO, Traders tend to fall into 3 groups - FA, TA or where I like to try sit (like many others) - FA & TA.

Combining both can assist in trying to understand not only the company, it's Management, products, service offering, market operating in etc. but also it's price & volume movements which are essentially driven by the herd & their psychology underlined by FA catalysts - past, present or future.

Simplest TA is supp / resist, trend lines. Patterns when formed & successful can provide probable target areas both up & down in conjunction with the supp & resist areas identified. Other indicators can assist with trend direction and momentum, such as MA's, RSI etc.

When reading a chart on a wider view, generally want to look left, look at what FA catalysts appeared when price spiked or dumped, how did the market react to these events and therefore, how may the market react to similar events in the future. Is potential news already factored into current SP by the mkt, will the "buy the rumour, sell the news" effect play out, does impending news truly impact the intrinsic FA values of the company and by extension the SP & vol.

Here's a couple of simple explanations https://www.lehnerinvestments.com/en/fundamental-vs-technical-analysis-beginners-guide/

My underlining.

FA:
    Fundamental analysis in the stock market is a method of evaluating a company and determining the intrinsic value of its stock. Companies are valued as though they were unlisted, with no regard for their market prices. Buy and sell decisions are then made based on whether a stock is trading at a discount or a premium to its fair value.

Although a stock’s value is ultimately an opinion, relatively undervalued companies can outperform over the long term. Fundamental analysis can also be applied to other markets including currencies and commodities. In that case any factors that affect the value of the asset are considered.

TA:
    Technical analysis is based only on stock price or volume data. The objective is not to predict the future, but to identify the most likely scenarios. Price action is used as an indication of how market participants have acted in the past and how they may act in the future.

Technical analysts use chart patterns and trends, support and resistance levels, and price and volume behaviour to identify trading opportunities with positive expectancy. Technical analysis does not consider the underlying business, or the economics that affect the value of a company.

DIFF:
    The difference between the two approaches comes down to what determines a stock’s value and price. Fundamental analysis considers the value of the company. This ultimately depends on the value of its assets and the profits it can generate. Fundamental analysts are concerned with the difference between a stock’s value, and the price at which it is trading.

Technical analysis is concerned with price action, which gives clues as to the stock’s supply and demand dynamics – which is what ultimately determines the stock price. Patterns often repeat themselves because investors often behave in the same way in the same situation. Technical analysis is concerned with price and volume data alone.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4029/4029065-6e7bcd3b6de157d5f7261a325830c159.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4029/4029031-d6e5b3eaaa34613859e9140542ac8b9e.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 22.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 125000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.16pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.